The food we eat has a great impact on our health and the way we look. To be in “good shape” scientists suggest that we should not mix slow and fast digesting foods.
Slow-digesting food gives us more balanced energy. However, in case we eat only this kind of food our digestive system works very hard and the stomach is overloaded. If we eat only fast-digesting food we’ll notice that we have more snacks and larger portions. This kind of food is a source of quick energy.
Consider the following to balance your diet.
Water molecules are very simple and our digestive system doesn’t need to break them down into smaller ones. Water goes into the small intestine immediately.
- Vegetable and fruit juice is digested in 20-30 minutes
- Raw and cooked vegetables need 40 minutes to be digested
- Fish is digested within 50 minutes
- It takes 1 hour to digest Turkish summer salad
- Starchy vegetables take 2 hours to digest
- Rice, buckwheat and quinoa take about 2 hours to digest
- Dairy products are digested within 2 hours
- Meat is digested within 3-5 hours
- Nuts take about 3 hours to digest
That’s it for now; see you all next time.