I know, you’re getting a bit fed-up with hypertension, but bear with me one more time.
I’ve been tying to do it more than 2-3 times a day, but haven’t been too successful.
Not too great for below 140, but better in below 80.
Some interesting points to keep in mind
- I mentioned this in the last post, but I think it needs repeating. As my dear classmate Dr. Mehmet Harmancı pointed out in his comment, our blood pressure is highest 30 minutes before we get out of bed; don’t worry if you get a high measurement/reading when you take your first, morning reading. Mine is usually the highest of the day. I usually take 4 measurements/readings a day.
- I’m assuming that you have a blood pressure measuring apparatus recommended by your doctor.
Would you believe that I wasn’t taking my measurements properly; I was crossing my legs.
Here’s how it’s done:
* No speaking
* Rest your back in the seat
* Place the inflating armband at heart level
* Sit and rest your other arm on the armrest
* Don’t cross your legs
* Place your feet flat on the floor
- This is something I discovered the other night. I take my last reading before going to bed., and I was doing this before I had gone to the bathroom. I was shocked when the reading came out unbelievably high. I relieved myself immediately and took another reading; it was back to normal.
Go to the bathroom before taking a measurement.
I wrote about “Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)” on July 20, 2015.
When I’m not in an ideal mental state, by blood pressure readings come out high.
- I dwell a lot in the past
- I am apprehensive about the future
- Get obsessive about stupid, minor issues
- Am in a bad/negative mood
- Quick tempered
I say my mental state is not ideal.
One can change this, by tapping. Try it and you’ll be amazed.
Please re-read the above post and watch the tapping video, which came out on July 30, 2015.
Instead of having some or all of the above negative thoughts and feelings, choose to be:
- Enjoying the present/today. (You cannot change the past or effect the future)
- Will yourself to relax
- Will yourself to be in a positive, good mood
Do this, and you’ll see your blood pressure come down to ideal levels.
What I wrote about meditation came out on May 28, 2015.
I think I mentioned the fact that I had started doing TM (Transcendental Meditation), after a 40-year break. The reason was, you guessed it, a slight problem with hypertension.
Please re-read the post and start meditating; you’ll thank me when your blood pressure comes back down to normal.
It is strongly emphasized these days, that one should not sit for more than 3 hours a day; even if you work out and walk 10,000 steps.
This might be hard to put in practice, but please re-read my post on “Inactivity” which came out on March 18, 2015.
The reason I mention this, is that it is very important for cardiovascular health; and other health issues.
Set your, smart phone to warn you every 15-30 minutes and just do 4 body squats, like I do in the video.
That shouldn’t be hard to do.
They just changed the definition of normal
You must have read or seen on TV that the old “normal”,
has been changed, and is now
- The first thing that comes to my mind is big pharma trying to sell more drugs.
- One benchmark cannot apply to all age groups.
- What should be targeted is how to prevent obesity, artificial sweeteners, prepared foods which all could lead to high blood pressure.
AGAIN, THEY TARGETING THE SYMPTOM, RATHER THAN THE CAUSE.
See you all next week.