Eating beyond what our body requires can cause many physical problems. Whether intentional or not, we all overeat sometimes due to various reasons. The short-term consequences range from stomach ailments to the long -term overall negative impact on health to mental disorders.
Here are a few signs and signals the body gives if you eat way too much.
- A feeling of being way beyond full
- Feeling nausea, vomiting, and dizziness
- Stomach discomfort
- Gaseousness, belching, and burping
- Feeling bloated
These are just the short-term symptoms of overeating. Overeating can lead to disastrous long-term issues that include:
- Weight gain
- Heart problems
SUGGESTIONS BY SOME DOCTORS AND DIETITIANS
If you know you have unhealthy eating habits, there are a few steps that can be taken to curb them:
- Eat according to portion sizes: It is very important to take nutrition factors in mind and eat while familiarizing yourself with the portion size. Take an adequate number of proteins, carbohydrates, and minerals on the plate.
- Eat lots of fiber: Fiber is not just nutritious but also makes you feel “full” for a longer time. Making you eat less.
- Do not skip meals: Many people do not eat much throughout the day and then end up overeating at night. So, instead of eating one heavy meal, break it down into 3-4 smaller meals.
- Drink water: Sometimes just a few sips of water can help you weather you are hungry or thirsty. So, keep drinking lots of water throughout the day and stay hydrated.
- Never eat in front of the television: Whenever you are eating, switch off the television and keep away your mobile phone to prevent all distractions and eat in peace.
I have two suggestions for my “always hungry” friends. I’ve written about these before and I strongly recommend that you read them again.
- “Does Your Body Use Sugar as Fuel?” dated April 17, 2015.
If you change from using sugar for fuel to using fat for fuel, you will drastically reduce your appetite.
- “EFT”, Emotional Freedom Technique or tapping, July 20, 2015
“Even though I’ve been feeling hungry all the time”
“I choose to stop feeling hungry and eating all day”
Hope these suggestions will help my friends who have this problem.
That’s it for now; see you all the next time.