Did the above title make you smile and put a lot of question marks in your head? Well, read on.
The liver is an unbelievable organ, which is similar to a huge chemical factory. It regulates most chemical levels in the blood and excretes a product called bile. Bile helps to break down fats, preparing them for further digestion and absorption. All the blood leaving the stomach and intestines passes through the liver. The liver processes this blood and breaks down, balances, and creates nutrients for the body to use.
Some of the well-known functions include the following:
- Production of bile, which helps carry away waste and breaks down fats in the small intestine during digestion
- Production of certain proteins for blood plasma
- Production of cholesterol and special proteins to help carry fats through the body
- Store and release glucose as needed
- Conversion of harmful ammonia to urea
- Clearing the blood of drugs and other harmful substances
- Resisting infections by producing immune factors and removing bacteria from the bloodstream
- Clearance of bilirubin (if there is a buildup of bilirubin, the skin and eyes turn yellow)
Many different disease processes can occur in the liver, including infections such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, cancers, and damage by medications or toxins.
The reason I wrote drugs and medications in bold italics is to emphasize that medication should not be taken lightly. “Side effects” are very, very damaging. Look for cures in your life-style (food, exercise, less stress).
The other thing I highlighted was the liver’s function of storing and releasing of glucose as needed. I read about this some years ago and would like to pass it on.
When you drink alcohol, the liver prioritizes its function to rid the body of this toxin, and puts everything else on hold. Thus, everything you eat is stored as fat, NOT USED FOR ENERGY.
So try not to eat and drink alcohol at the same time. I know, easy to say but hard to do.
So, here is the “magical drink” that can regenerate your liver.
- 2 lemons (don’t peel)
- 1 cucumber (don’t peel)
- a handful of parsley
- 200 ml of water
Preparation and usage
Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Have a glass of this 1-2 times a day for one month. Take a break for 2 weeks. Repeat.
Benefits of consuming this drink:
- Cleanses your blood
- Strengthens immunity
- Detoxifies the body
- Prevents inflammation and infections
- Fights against cancer
- Works as an antioxidant
- Improves metabolism
- Reduces sugar and cholesterol in the blood
- Has a great effect on the skin
Don’t you think it’s worth a try?
See you all next week.